Are you gonna file your Income Tax return and there is tax payable (called self-assessment tax as it is self-assessed by the assesse)
- Self-assessment tax is required to pay before filing of income tax return (ITR), ITR cannot be filled without it, it would be defected otherwise.
- You need following Information before initiating payment of tax
- Your PAN
- Amount of Income Tax you need to deposit
- Your Net Banking credentials
- Your other details such as address, email and phone number
1. Go the Income Tax website and click on E-Pay tax2. Click on “Confirm”
4. Fill up the challan
7. Fill the Tax amount and click on calculate total.